Tuesday, June 14, 2011

When I find myself in times of trouble,,,,

Greetings!!

My friends know that I am in times of trouble right now.  Things are a bit rough on the home front to say the least.  But, when I find myself in times of trouble,,,, I know where I need to go and to whom I need to turn....  to my Heavenly Father.  The bible tells us He will never leave us nor forsake us if we just call upon Him.

I've stopped calling on Him to get me through the next month, the next week, the next day or even the next hour.  I call on Him to get me through the next minute!!  I am constantly in prayer for His help and guidance.  Even while typing this I am asking Father God to see me through.  I am standing on His word and the promises in the bible to get me through this very trying time.  God says in the bible, Fear Not!!  For I am with you!!  I am counting on that.  He says, Fear Not, for I know the plans I have for you!!  God's plans are to bring us through  all trials and tribulations in our lives.  He does not promise we will not have them, He promises we will survive them!!

Even though we sometimes feel He has deserted us, he is always there, waiting to hear from us.  The God of the mountains IS still God in the valleys of our lives.  Sometimes it is hard to see God working in our lives when there is something really bad going on, that is when faith has to kick in.  That is when we are called to trust in Him that it will all work out in the end.

I know, believe me I know, that is not always easy to do when things are going bad.  The stress and turmoil can get us distracted, take our minds off of God and that is exactly what Satan wants!!  But God has a plan for even those times.  He has placed people in our lives that we can call upon for help.  For gentle reminders to pray, to seek God's face, to get into the word and let that be our guide.  The bible says to surround yourself with that which is good and discard that which is bad and evil.  Oh if we would only heed those words!!

When I am not praying I am singing hymns in my mind.  Songs like, Victory in Jesus, Leaning on the Everlasting Arms, Step by Step, In the Garden, Rock of Ages, Amazing Grace and many more.  It really does help!!

There is much evil in this house right now and I rebuke it in the name of Jesus!!  Satan, you have no place here, for I am a child of God, Jesus is my Lord and Savior,,,, so get out!!!

Do not be afraid to ask others for help!!  Sometimes we are embarrassed or too ashamed to ask for help,,,,, but this is not the time to be prideful,,,,,just ask!!  Ask for prayers, encouragement and strength from your brothers and sisters in Christ,,, that is why God put them in your life!!  They are the comforters God has sent you,,,  Jesus is your strength and your shield.  Put on the whole armor of God,,  read your bible, pray, sing praises,, you will be surprised at the peace it will bring even in the times of trouble!!  Be open and honest with folks so they can help you.  A true Christian will always find a way to help.  For some it might just be prayer but prayer is mighty powerful.  Remember, we CAN do all things through Christ who strengthens us  and yes, we can get through all things through Christ as well.

Seek ye first the kingdom of God and all its righteousness!!  In other words, seek God for help and it will work out, follow his righteousness and do not repay evil for evil.  The evil one will soon flee if he can not have his way with you.  God will bless you abundantly.  You will arrive to the end of the tribulation and trial with your dignity, good character,and righteousness in tact.  And most importantly, you will have let God's light shine through you in even the worse of times to be a good example for others.  And that my dear friends is what we are called to do.

Is it going to be easy??  Nope, it won't be easy,,,, but you will have stored up rewards on heaven for your actions.  And that is the most important thing!!

Father God, I ask that if there is someone reading this posting today that is going through troubled times that you use this for their good, to help them go in the right direction and to remember to call on you always.  Father I ask that you bless them,  lift them up in faith, strength and courage.  Show them the direction you will them to travel Father.  Send them comforters in their lives to help them get through their trials and tribulations Father.

Father I ask that you continue to lift me up and strengthen me during my trials as well.  I ask that you keep me always walking on your path and if I stumble pick me up and set me on your rock.  Father I thank you for all you have done in my life and all you continue to do.  Please forgive me when I fail and sin Father.  Bless those who read this post Father, for it is for your glory, not mine.  I thank you Father for giving me the words to write as you know they come from the heart.  May I never fail you because I know you will never fail me.

In Jesus loving and precious name I pray, Amen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice