Monday, June 27, 2011

Oh what tangled webs we weave when we practice to deceive,,,,,

Greetings!!

Ever know someone who just can't seem to tell the truth about anything?  Then when they get caught in a lie they tell another lie to get out of the first lie.  And it begins to mushroom because they find themselves telling more and more lies to cover up the first lie.  You know, it would have been so much easier if they just admitted the truth in the first place, LOL.

I know such a person.  Seems he has weaved himself such a huge web of lies that he no longer knows what the truth actually is.  At first, I was very angry with him.  I felt like he was insulting my intelligence by lying to me over and over again.  But it has gone to the point of just plain ridicules and silly.  Now, all I do is laugh.  He has proven himself out to be the fool.  He has weaved such a web of lies and deception it has engulfed him and taken over his life.  I almost feel sorry for him in a way.  When you get in that deep there is no turning around and starting over.  You really have made your own trap so to speak.

Jesus said, "do not lie".  No exceptions.  There was not a "do not lie, except,,,,,,"  (fill in the circumstance).  He simply said, "do not lie".  I believe that was for your own protection as well as the person you would be telling the lie to.  Look at my example above.  That person who has told so many lies to so many people no longer has any credibility.  He has become a joke to many people because of the amount of lies and an enemy to some because the lies anger them.  What has he gained by lying?  Nothing!  He touts his own horn thinking he is clever but his friends and relatives do not share in his high opinion of himself.

Lies destroy trust.  How can anyone trust a person they know has lied to them?  Especially repeatedly?  When trust is destroyed the relationship breaks down.  Whether it be an intimate relationship, friendship or relationship between family members.  Many families are not talking to each other any more because someone in the family was a liar and caused problems and distrust.

I think we have all lied at one point or another.  Its just part of human nature, but most will admit the truth when confronted and apologize for lying and end it.  But then you have those like my example above that just keep lying and lying unwilling to admit the truth.

Father God has laid it on my heart that we all need to pray for those habitual liars that we know in our lives.  They are weaving a web that will lead them straight to hell if they do not change their ways.  We should pray that they open their hearts to God so that He can help them change to live a more honest and fruitful life.  One with integrity and righteousness.  One that will put them on the right path towards heaven and not the one they are on which will lead them to hell.

Heavenly Father, I lift up in prayer all those habitual liars.  I pray you open their hearts to you so you can change them and make them a new person, free from the sins they have created in themselves.  Show them how life can be so much better for them without silly lies that really get them no where.  Father I pray you set their feet back on the right paths to follow your ways Father.  I pray not one be lost through the gates of hell.  Father I pray for the ability to forgive those who have lied to me or about me.  Cleanse my heart from the pain I feel of being betrayed and lied to.  Father I ask that you help me to always be a good example to those who have go astray.  I ask these things in Jesus' loving and precious name, Amen!!

Until next time,,,,,,,,Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice