Saturday, June 25, 2011

Moving in a new direction,,,,,,,

Greetings!!

I always seem to find myself moving in a new direction.  Am I just confused?  Or am I adjusting to changes in my life?  Sometimes I seem confused.  It seems like I just get all my plans laid out and they change again and I keep wondering why.  I had my plans laid out for my business and was working on them steadily.  Then Frank decided it was time for him to move on to what he thinks will be greener pastures.  And of course his change directly affects my plans.  Time to adjust.

I will need an income as soon as possible and will no longer have the luxury of solely working on my business.  As you know with a business it takes time to get established and built up to an income providing enterprise.  I don't have that time any more because there are bills to pay.  When he came here, we were to help each other, but that did not work out.  He paid the bills and I took care of everything else.  That left little time for work on the business but there was still some.  Now there is none.

I don't plan on giving up on my business dream.  But I have to set priorities.  By my calculations I will need to work a 60 hour week to meet all the basic living expenses.  I have no credit cards or car payments.  This is just basic bills.  After the 60 hours I have a house to take care of.  Yard and garden work, raking leaves, mowing or shoveling snow depending on the time of year.  Then of course there is the inside of the house that needs to be taken care of too.  And my wonderful dog and cat both need their time with momma.

I believe when one door closes another one is open.  God is so good that way.  He will provide the way for me to pay for the needs in my life.  He will help me get the job that best suits my needs and abilities.  I trust in Him completely.  Of course, I need to do my part and do the work that is provided,,, and I will.

I believe God is moving me in a new direction for a reason.  I just need to pay attention to what he is showing me and take the steps he wants me to take.  My dad used to call that, "rolling with the flow".  Be patient, listen to the whisper of the Holy Spirit he would say, and you will never go wrong.  We do go wrong sometimes,,, but that is really when we are not truly listening to the Father.

Listening to Father or the Spirit is not always easy.  There are many things in this world that distract us.  All of the caused by the evil one.  In Ephesians 6:12 it says, "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places".  This tells me that even when someone does something against you, it is not really them doing it but the evil forces in this world.  Satan uses people, often without their true knowledge, to hurt us.  He can put the seed of doubt in our minds if we are not careful.  He can put evil thoughts against another in our minds if we are not careful. But the bible tells us to put on "the whole armor of God" and we can be protected from this.

Putting on the whole armor of God takes work, dedication, determination and trust in God.  It is a daily responsibility.  It is not something you do once and bam you're done for life.  You need to stay in the word of God, to pray and to praise Him every day and every hour.  Keeping God in the forefront of your mind will not allow Satan to enter in.

I know, easier said than done.  Its hard to focus on God when it seems like your world is crashing in on you, been there, done that.  But if you work at it, in time you will feel the Lord's peace even in the toughest of times.  Being a Christian is hard work, but it is well worth it.

Until next time,,,,,,,,Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice