Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Heading out the door,,,,,,

Greetings!!

I have to keep this short as I am heading out the door to get shots in both sciatic joints this morning.  It is about an hour drive from here and I have to leave in 15 minutes.  I sure do hope these shots help!!  I am at my wits end with this pain.

I managed to get all my garden work done yesterday morning.  It took a little over 3 hours but the weeding is done and the rest of the seeds are planted.  I am hurting from it but the feeling of accomplishment is well worth it!!  Tonight I am going to grab a wheelbarrow full of grass clippings from the abandoned house next door to throw on my potatoes.  The city mowed the other day so there is plenty for the taking.  My friend still has not gotten my bale of straw yet and the potatoes need covering.

You keep potatoes covered with straw, hay, or grass clippings as they grow and not only do they produce more but they are protected from the harsh sun.  If potatoes turn green from the sun they are no good and can even be toxic.  Not safe to eat!!

The potatoes are coming along really well and I even have blossoms on some of my tomato plants already.  I have two types of tomatoes, Roma's for sauce making and Celebrities for eating as well as making stewed tomatoes and juice.

In this heat I will need to water again tonight but tomorrow it is suppose to rain so I will be able to work inside and get some chores caught up in the house.  Always so much to do.  I could get a lot more done if this pain was not so bad so please say a prayer the shots help!!

Until next time,,,,,,Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice