Thursday, June 9, 2011

OMG yesterday was so bad,,,,,

Greetings!!

Yesterday I had to go get shots in both sciatic joints.  Let me tell you it was the worse experience I have ever had.  They tried a total of 7 times to get an IV going.  After they blew out 6 veins they finally got one.  My hands are bruised big time and they hurt.  I have never had a problem with my veins before, whether giving blood or getting IVs.  They could hit the vein but the tube part of the IV would not go in.  It was so painful I was crying.  Everyone felt bad.  And I do not think they were doing anything wrong, it just would not go.

So after they finally got the 7th one in they were ready to do the shots.  The medicine to put me to sleep did not work!!  I felt both shots!!  It hurt but I did my best to lay still and get through it.

Afterwards the ride home was uncomfortable.  But I made it.  I rested quite a bit as I was told to.  But I still had to get the dog out for his walk and I still needed to get some grass clippings over my potato plants and it could not wait as they were calling for rain.  My friend Tom came over and helped me get the wheelbarrow out of the basement as I knew I would not be able to lift it and forget about Frank doing it.

Tom also had to borrow my small refrigerator as his had died yesterday so he picked that up too.

It took two loads in the wheelbarrow to get enough grass clippings to cover the potato plants but I am glad its done in spite of the pain it caused.  They were calling for rain last night and today so I could not put it off.  I got the potatoes covered and then hosed the garden down a bit to prevent all those grass clippings from blowing off if the wind kicked up.  I am paying for it today in pain but it had to be done and I feel better for doing it.

I have decided that when I go back for more shots in my back and eventually my neck I will not have them give me an IV.  The pain from the IV  was much worse than the pain from the shots.  The doctors and nurses felt so bad over what happened they kept apologizing but there was nothing they could have done differently.  Stuff happens!!

Other than a quick trip to the grocery store this morning and bible study tonight I am not doing a darn thing.  And I am not doing anything tomorrow either, well except counseling. LOL  I need a couple of days to recover.

Until next time,,,,,,,Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice