Thursday, June 2, 2011

All the best laid plans,,,,,,

Greetings!!

All the best laid plans often go awry and this was no exception, LOL.  Last night I worked for about an hour in the garden getting it prepped to plant seeds this morning.  I replanted the potatoes that rose to the surface from the hard rains we had and covered them with some dried up grass clippings.  Still waiting for my friend to bring me a bale of straw for them.  I put the cages around the tomato plants as they are growing fast and will soon need the cages.

I rigged up a trellis for my pickling cucumbers to grow on and keep them off the ground a bit.  Also made a taller trellis for my pole beans to grow on and worked the ground a bit for planting today.  I should have checked the forecast before going to all that work.  It is raining this morning and raining pretty hard.  It was not expected before tonight the last I had heard and then it was going to be a gentle rain.  So my plans have gone by the way side this morning.  But I guess it is a good thing I did not get the seeds in last night or they would be all over the place and not where they were suppose to be.

After the rains today it is suppose to be dry again for the next several days.  I will need to once again re-work the dirt and prepare it for the seeds as I am sure this hard rain is packing it back down again.  So perhaps on Saturday I can plant the seeds, hopefully the ground will be dry enough then to work it.

Life is always interesting and one must be flexible to keep up with its constant changes.  But I like keeping busy.  :-)

A quick update on my visit to the pain clinic.  They are going to put shots in my lower back next week, in both sciatic joints.  That is to be followed with "biofeedback" and water therapy.  I have to find my bathing suit, LOL.  I have not worn it in a couple of years and do not even know if it fits.  Oh joy!  Maybe I can get Frank to buy me a new one?  If none of this works then they will deaden the nerves.  Time will tell.

Until next time,,,,,,,,Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice