Saturday, June 18, 2011

Have your plans changed today???

Greetings!!

Have your plans for today changed??  Mine always seem to be changing by the minute.  I would have loved to get out and do some much needed weeding in the garden this morning but rain is coming in and I will not have the time before it hits.  So, I will run some errands then work inside a little.

For now I plan to do that weeding on Monday.  But that might change depending on the weather.  As of now they are calling for sunny and hot, but as we all know only God controls the weather and he might decide to make it rain some more.  I won't complain though as the rain is good for the garden and saves on my water bill. LOL  Besides, Father knows best!!

Speaking of my garden, I did get out there and weed just a little last night.  The tomatoes have several blossoms on them, especially the Roma's.  The potato plants have really taken off.  I have found a place to get some straw to put over them and just need to call to find out what day they will be baling so I can go pick up several bales.  And they are much needed so I hope I can do that some time this coming week.  I have pickling cucumbers coming up good now and beans.  The corn is up a couple of inches, it will be a late season for sweet corn, but that is OK.  Unfortunately, I can not find my beets through the weeds so I am going to have to be careful when I weed around them that I do not pull them out too.  But I can always re-seed if I have to.

Over all I am thrilled with how the garden is coming along considering how late I got it in this year.

Getting back to plans changing.  Do you get frustrated and upset when your plans seem to change or do you adjust easily and sort of roll with the flow?  I used to be one that would get very upset and frustrated.  I just hated when things didn't go according to plan.  But as I have grown older I have learned it really doesn't matter and usually when my plans were changed it turned out to be a good thing in the long run.  I just don't worry about those types of things any more.  If I can't do something I planned I just think OK, I will do this instead.

There are far too many other things in life to keep us stressed and worrying, LOL.  But again I say, Father knows best.  The next time your plans suddenly get derailed ask yourself, OK, what might Father be planning for me instead?  God says, "For I know the plans I have for you,,,,,,,,".  That is so hard for us humans to accept sometimes.  They are God's plans, not ours and we want to make our own.  But if we just learn to let go and let God, we would find that God's plans are much better than our own.

Until next time,,,,,,,,Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice