Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Well that was a nightmare, LOL.

Greetings!

Yesterday I wound up working on my computer all day.  It had a lot of bugs in it and a lot of problems.  I defragmented, did a disc clean, deleted a lot of stuff and saved even more to memory sticks.  I wanted to do a total reformat of the hard drive but the CD drive is not reading discs even though the diagnostic program said it was working properly.

All day long I pulled my hair out trying to get things working in proper order.  No luck with the CD drive but everything else is now in tip top shape.  I have errands to run this morning and then will get the new CD drive ordered when I get home.

I must have worked on the computer for 6 hours none stop when I finally took a break and walked away for a while out of frustration.  But finally I got it!!

Today's plan is to finally move the computer into the room that will now be my office.  Hallelujah!!  Once the new CD drive comes in I still plan to do a total reformat to further clean things up.  I sure don't want to ever let it get into this bad of shape again.  Way too much work and nerve racking frustration!!  There is not much I can not figure out how to fix on a computer given the time and patience but yesterday was definitely getting on my nerves.

I just can't see paying a tech $85 an hour or more to do what I have done.  Frank kept telling me to take it to a tech and that was aggravating me even more.  I'm sure he probably meant well, but I can't see wasting the money.  One time many years ago, my ex wanted to take both our computers to a tech for "check ups".  Yeah, it ran much slower and I wound up undoing everything the tech had done.  And to boot, it cost us almost $450.00 for the two computers.  That's just plain foolish and throwing money away!!

Anyone can work on and fix their own computers if they just take the time to learn.  Its really not hard.  But it can be time consuming.

Well, I am off to get errands done.  Hope you have a great day!

Until next time,,,,,,,,Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice