Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Work, work, work,,,,,,,

Greetings!!

Work, work, work, I am enjoying my yard work.  It has been so nice to see a few days of sunshine even if it is really hot and humid.  I have been getting yard work done early of a morning the last few days.  I still have some more pruning to do today but the yard is finally taking shape and looking like it should.

We are suppose to get more rain later today and of course be hot and humid again too.  So, right after I hit the send button on this post I am going out to get some more pruning done.  Not much left to do and I want to finish it up.  I was actually weed trimming and mowing the lawn after dark last night, LOL.  I had also trimmed and pruned yesterday morning before it got too hot.

I have about an hours worth of pruning yet to do this morning.  Then I will come in and take a nap before making salads and doing laundry.  I am hurting from yesterday but am determined to get done all that I have planned.

Tomorrow morning I hope to get the rest of the garden planted.  I still have corn, beans, beets and cucumbers for pickling to get in.  The tomatoes and potatoes are looking awesome except for the potatoes that rose up to the surface with all the hard rain.  They need to be poked back in the dirt a bit and then covered up with some hay or straw.  My friend Tom is going to get me a bale or two from the pig farmer that he works for part time.

Tomorrow I will be getting things ready for bible study Thursday night as I am preparing the refreshments for it.  I want to make a cheese ball and it is better if it sits a day to meld in all the flavors of the seasonings I use.  This certainly is the time of year that I am busiest, but I do love it.

Well, I am off to get my work outside done.  The temperature is already rising and the humidity is climbing.

Until next time,,,,,,,,,Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice