Friday, May 6, 2011

In loving memory of my Little Angel Girl, Missy

Greetings!!

My Little Angel Girl, Missy passed away last night about 9:15pm.

The background today is a picture of Missy and Rusty.  They were best friends and adopted brother and sister.  Missy was a very loving cat and very special.

Nearly 10 years ago she was "adopted" by Rusty and my other dog I had at the time Teddy.  Teddy was older and starting to fail.  I always believed Teddy got Missy to come in to the house with him and Rusty so she could be there for Rusty when he passed.  The three of them would play and wrestle on the living room floor.  Teddy would tire quickly and come up on the couch and lay with his head on my lap as Missy and Rusty continued to play.

Missy was a "street" cat at the time.  We lived next to a corn field and you would see her chasing mice from the field.  When Rusty and Teddy were out in the yard she would come by to say "hi" and off she would go again.  She was not afraid of those two big dogs at all.  Then one day when the "boys" were coming back in from being out in the yard, Missy walked in with them.  She was standing between them and had this look on her face of, "well, I am here, get me something to eat."  LOL  So many hours of joy watching her play with these two big dogs!!

About 6 months later Teddy past away.  Missy stepped in and took care of Rusty who was still young then.  They became the best of friends, and brother and sister.  They played, ate and even slept together.

About a year ago I thought I would lose Rusty first.  The vet had told me he has out-lived the normal life span for his particular breed by several years.  He has slowed down a bit but it still quite healthy.  When Missy started to fail she went down pretty fast.  I am grateful she did not suffer or seem to have a lot of pain.  She will be missed tremendously.

I always told her she was my "Little Angel Girl" and her ears were her wings.  Now she has spread her wings and soared off to heaven.  She is up there playing with Teddy again along with all the other 4 legged babies that went on before her.  She will never be forgotten!

Until we meet again Missy, I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice