Monday, May 16, 2011

Getting very frustrated,,,,,,,,

Greetings!!

Last year some of you might recall me posting pictures of the house to the south of me where the lady had groundhogs and kept them as pets by feeding them.  The groundhogs had babies, 2 of which my dog killed when they wandered into my yard.  There was also a huge problem with garbage and grass getting way too high after she abandoned the place.

Well, the grass in the back is up to almost 3 feet this year.  Groundhogs are numerous, I have counted at least 5 different ones thus far.  This is not a healthy situation.  I have made several phone calls to the maintenance company whose sign and number are posted on the house and also to the city.  Nothing is being done and the situation is just getting worse.

Twice someone has shown up to mow the grass but then decided it was too high and left without mowing.  I have been told the animal control officer can not trap wild animals.  What the heck do we have her for then?

Last year I got a permit to trap them myself, on my property only.  OK, well then the groundhogs seemed to have disappeared.  She had them hid in her basement!!!  Besides that someone stole my live animal trap right from my yard!!  I can not afford to buy another one nor do I feel I should have to.  This is a city and county problem defined by their own ordinances, yet they do nothing!!

Today I will make phone calls again.  If there are no positive results by Wednesday I will post photos all over the net.  That seemed to be what got some results last year.  I don't know our new Mayor but she is going to get an earful today.  Like it or not!!

If things should dry out here, there will be a risk of a major grass fire as high as it is and I imagine it would take out the houses on both sides of the property.  At the very least do some damage to them.

Why is it that some folks ignore the ordinances and seem to get away with it but others miss mowing their lawns one week and they get a ticket with a hefty fine?  According to the lady who is in charge of enforcing these ordinances they have already been warned twice.  The longer this goes on the harder it will be to get that lawn mowed.  I also told her about the groundhogs and she told me to trap them.  Sorry, that is not my job, I suggest you get animal control in there to trap them.

Ugh, I am so losing my patience and am getting very frustrated!!

Until next time,,,,,,,,Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice