Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day,,,,,,,

Greetings!!

Tomorrow is mother's day and I would like to wish all the mom's out there a very Happy Mother's Day!!  I am mom to 4 legged babies.  I lost my beloved Missy just two days ago.  She will be greatly missed.  But I am still mom to Rusty and Faxon whom I love very much.  :-)

Its hard to believe I lost my mom 18 years ago on May 4th.  She is much loved and dearly missed.  Happy Mother's Day Mom!!

The picture I have posted in the background is from the early 70s, possibly late 60s.  My mom is the one on the right.  She was a waitress and worked at the Minisink Hotel in Port Jervis, NY.  I chose this picture to post because this is how my mom is remembered best by most people who knew her.  Mom was a professional waitress.  She took a great deal of pride in her work and always put forth the best effort to give the customer the best service possible. 

I learned a lot about taking pride in your work when I worked with my mom for a short time at the Minisink.  Mom always felt it didn't matter what you did for a living, just be the best you can at it.  She was right!!  Today you just don't get the kind of service you did back then, in anything.  Back then folks really cared about what they did.  It wasn't just a pay check, it was a way to build character and reputation.  I would have to say most people today do not show good character or reputation in the way they perform their jobs.  How sad!!

Mom, thanks for teaching me the same values you were raised on.  Your word is your bond, lying is unacceptable, have integrity and dignity in everything you say and do.  And so much more!!  You are missed and never forgotten.  Happy Mother's Day, with love,,,,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice