Thursday, May 5, 2011

Spring cleaning,,,,,

Greetings!!

It is spring cleaning time for me.  Well at least a good start on it.  Yesterday I spent the day doing a thorough cleaning in the bathroom and kitchen.  I want to start on the dining room today.  But first I need to run out to the store when Frank gets up and pick up some things to make salads.  I want to make potato salad, macaroni salad and good ole fashioned cabbage salad.

I know, what is cabbage salad?  Well, in my family we ground our cabbage, onions and celery instead of shredding it.  Add a little cider vinegar, salt, sugar and mayo and you have cabbage salad.  Its really like a creamy cole slaw but we never put carrots in it when I was a kid.  I do now sometimes.  I also add a little celery seed because that is a natural diuretic and is good to help promote kidney function.

I have some left over cooked chicken in the freezer that I will pull out and grind up for chicken salad as well.  I think we will just eat light the next few days.

I'm also over due to make home made noodles.  So, I am hoping to have time to get out my rack I made for drying the noodles and make up a few pounds of noodles.  I'll let them dry over night and then bag them up for future use.  I use semolina flour, olive oil, eggs and a little salt.  Makes yummy noodles!!

Then back to cleaning.  The next room I really want to tackle is the dining room.  Its always a mess.  Currently I have my computer in the dining room, as well as two office desks and table and chairs for eating at.  I have tons of paid bills that need to be filed and put away.  The office desks have been a catch all for just about everything and its well past over due to get organized so that is my goal for the next couple of days.  Yes, with the cooking I need to get done as well, the dining room will be slow going but well worth it when it is done.  Then the master bedroom will be next.  Except for some stuff Frank has piled up it won't be so bad and should only take a half a day to do even with shampooing the carpet.

Little by little I will get it all done.  It is suppose to start raining again later today so this is a good time to get the cleaning caught up.  I still have not made it in the garden to get that caught up.  Hopefully soon!!!

Until next time,,,,,,,,,, Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice