Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Summer has arrived,,,,,,

Greetings!!

It never got below 70 degrees last night and the humidity is currently at 92% according to my weather bug.  The high for today is to hit 88.  I would say summer has arrived!!  Now if the rain would just stop for a while so we can get our gardens in that would be awesome!!

It was so hot and humid last night I had finally cut the air conditioner on.  I really didn't want to have to this early in the season but it was unbearable in the house.  I do have it on "energy saver though".  What that does is shut the unit off when it has reached the temperature I have it set for, 70 degrees, and will kick it back on when the house temperature rises so many degrees above that,  I think  about 2 or 3 degrees.  It does not let the temperature in the house fall below 70.

70 degrees seems to be a comfortable temperature to me.  Not so warm you feel like you are out in the heat.  You definitely feel cooler when coming in from outside.  But its not so cool you feel like you are freezing either.

Last year we had to run the a/c almost non stop night and day the entire season.  I am hoping we do not have to run it that much this year, but I guess time will tell.  We have rain in the forecast Wednesday through next Monday.  The temperatures will gradually drop a bit again so, we won't need it on everyday.

Last year was rough, it was so hot and humid for so long things were just rotting in the garden.  You couldn't get out to work it even early in the morning.  So I am praying for a milder year this year.  At least mild enough to do the garden and yard work in the mornings and not have to run the a/c   24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  That's not good on the pocketbook and it sure is not good on the body either.  But especially with Frank's health and mine, we will do what is necessary.

Hope you have an awesome day!!

Until next time,,,,,,,,,,,,,Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice