Monday, May 9, 2011

I am the vine, you are the branches,,,,,,,

Greetings!!

Yesterday we had a lesson in church regarding trimming away dead branches to produce better fruit.  In gardening, we call that "pruning away the deadwood".  It was an interesting lesson and really hit home with me.

Jesus said, "I am the vine and you are the branches".  The branches produce fruit, but sometimes they need a good pruning so they can produce more fruit and/or better fruit.  Of course Jesus is speaking on the spiritual realm.  We as Christians can not produce "good spiritual fruit" for the glory of God if we have deadwood choking us and keeping us from doing our best.

Sometimes that "deadwood" is a bad habit like smoking or drinking heavy or gambling.  Sometimes that "deadwood" is people or a person.  Ever get with a crowd of people who do not have the same faith structure as you do?  Do you tend to "go with the crowd" rather than stand up for what you believe because its just easier than arguing?  Have you gotten away from reading and studying your bible because people you have around you look down on it?  (Its so easy to give into peer pressure.)

If you answered yes to anyone of those questions, its time for a pruning.  Cut away the deadwood and get back to the Fruit of the Spirit!!

I find myself in that situation where I need a good pruning in my life.  A major overhaul you might say.  So Lord, let the pruning begin!!  Take control of my life and make me the person you want me to be!!

Jesus said, "Seek ye FIRST the Kingdom of God and all its righteousness."  To me that means we must put HIM first.  FIRST before ANYTHING else!!  FIRST before our loved ones here on this earth.  FIRST before jobs, material things, homes, cars etc.  Everything on this earth is temporary, but we must work towards a higher goal.  One that lasts for all eternity!!

Lead me, guide me and use me for your glory Father God!!  I want to do your will in my life!!  In Jesus name, Amen!!

Until next time,,,,,,,, Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice