Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Relationships,,,,,,

Greetings!!

Is your relationship with your significant other a loving relationship or a business relationship?  What would you do or think if you found out that while you thought you were in a loving relationship your significant other viewed it as a business relationship?  How would you feel if that person viewed everything in dollars and not love?  And what if your significant other felt the things you did such as cooking, laundry, cleaning, shopping, mowing the lawn or shoveling snow, etc. had no value?

Lets say there was no "business agreement" made prior to the beginning of the relationship or at the beginning of it.  Your partner tells you he or she loves you.  You are developing what at least seems like a loving relationship but then wham, one day you are told you are of no value.  Nothing you do holds any value.  They are getting no return on their money.

How would you feel?  What would you do?  Would it hurt your relationship with that person?  Would it destroy your trust?  Your love?  Could you ever feel the same way about that person again?  They say there is a very fine line between love and hate, would you hate that person for degrading you in such a way?

Then again I even wonder, would the person understand they were degrading you?  Would they even understand that is a form of domestic violence?  Are they so self centered and self absorbed that they even consider you have feelings?  I also wonder if a person who treats another like that is even capable of loving someone?  Do they just love themselves?  Or are maybe they so insecure they have to put someone else down to make themselves feel better?

Degrading another is a need to control and controlling is a form of domestic violence.  As a past victim of domestic violence I know all these signs too well.  I have been through them.  My self esteem and self worth was stripped away from me little by little until I was just an empty shell going through the motions.  For me, I will never let that happen again.  But too often we fall into a pattern and it happens over and over again.  Its time to break that pattern and start a better life.  I know you can do it!!

Until next time,,,,,,, Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice