Friday, July 1, 2011

Bible study and Amish style Whoopie Pies, LOL,,,,,,,,

Greetings!

We had a very awesome bible study last night at church.  It seems to be going to be a two part lesson from Ephesians 6: 10-18.  I think I will hold off saying too much about it until after next week's study.  Then I will try to condense down what we learned in this study.

As you know I usually make the refreshments for the evening.  I enjoy doing that.  Occasionally I will see if anyone would like to take a turn. 

Anyhow, I am an avid reader of 2 blogs about the Amish, Mennonites and other "Plain" people.  One is Amish America and the other is Amish Stories.  Well, over on Amish Stories there was the great debate about Whoopie Pies, the state of Maine claims to be the originating home of Whoopie Pies and so does the PA plain people.  We have had ongoing discussions from time to time about whoopie pies and recipes for whoopie pies.

So yesterday, I made whoopie pies for the refreshments at bible study.  Whoopie pies can come in many flavors.  You do not have to be tied to the traditional chocolate with white cream centers.  I made mine with a little twist, they were chocolate but I added chocolate chips to the batter before baking them.  I also made a cream cheese frosting type center to them.  Below are some pictures of the whoopie pies I made.  Everyone seemed to love them and I brought back very few out of the 2 1/2 dozen I made.  :-)






This one came out a little blurry, sorry about that, LOL.

So, I am sure Richard will have some comments today over at amishstories.com  because he loves whoopie pies and I am putting these pics up and he couldn't have any, LOL.  But he is my friend and I love him anyway, LOL.

Until next time,,,,,,,,,,,Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice