Tuesday, July 19, 2011

To boldly go where no man has gone before,,,,,,

Greetings!!

Do you remember that line from the Star Trek shows?  "Space, the final frontier of men.  Our mission, to seek out new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before."  Well I've got the to boldly go part right, LOL.  I woke up this morning with a message on my heart about being bold for the Lord.  Are you bold for the Lord?  Do you boldly tell people about what Jesus did on the cross? 

When people ask for prayer do you boldly pray for them on the spot or do you say, "yes, I will pray for you' or 'I will keep you in my prayers', or 'I will pray about it"?  Often on facebook there are prayer requests asked by my friends for various people.  Perhaps a sick grand-child or relative.  Or perhaps someone was in an accident or had a heart attack.  Usually it is something that just happened, an emergency of sorts.

I believe the people asking for prayer are being bold in asking.  Especially in this world today where it no longer seems correct to mention, God, faith or Jesus in public.  When a person is bold enough to ask for prayer it is my duty and priveledge as a Christian to boldly pray for the request of that person.  I believe it is time that Christians stop worrying about popular opinion and do what God calls us to do.

Let's take a look at some scriptures that talk about boldness.
 
Proverbs 28:1  The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion.

Ephesians 3: 11 &12  11According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:
 12In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

Ephesians 6:18, 19, 20    18Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
 19And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,
 20 boldly, as I ought to speak.

Phillipians 1: 20  20According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.

Hebrews 4: 16  16Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

I believe the scriptures make it very clear.  As Christians we are to be bold in our faith, when we speak about the Lord, when we pray.  So when one of my friends on facebook ask for prayer, I pray in all boldness and faith in the Lord.  I challenge each and everyone of you to do the same.  The power of prayer is an awesome thing.  And when we pray boldly we unleash that power.  The Father hears those prayers and He answers them!!

As Christians we can make a difference in this world when we walk in faith and boldness.

Until next time,,,,,,,Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice