Thursday, July 21, 2011

My business web site,,,,,,

Greetings!!

First I must say I have not given up my plans to get my ceramics business going again.  It has been derailed for a short time, but by fall I hope to have things in much better shape and be organized again.  Having to move by the end of August did throw a bit of a curve ball at me, but I am swinging back in the hopes of hitting a home run, LOL.

I have found a new program for designing sites that I am learning now and will be redoing the entire site.  As some of you know I like messing around with web sites anyway.  So once I get it all figured out, you will get to see a new site, with new lay out and colors.  I will be playing with it over the next few days during this heat wave as I can not get much else done right now any way.  I hope to have the basics done and up at least before I have to move my computer on August 9th.  I should be able to do that.

The program actually looks easier to work once you get used to the differences in how things are done.  Everything has a learning curve!!  I will get to have music on the site, videos and pictures galore.  I believe I will also be able to easily link this blog to my site, which I think is way cool, LOL.  So look for that in the near future.  I will post an update on here when the site is set up and ready to go.

I am also going to use this new program for my church's web site, which will also be completely re-done.  Can't wait to get started on that as well.

The move that I am making will actually make it easier for me on the business as my kiln, molds and other equipment will be right there.  Hopefully this fall I will be able to post pictures of my working shop and show you the molds, kilns, pouring equipment and my little glazing corner.  I am excited about that!!  I have some cleaning and organizing to do first before I take pictures though.  Want it to look nice for you to see.  So often ceramic shops become messy in a hurry.  After all it is not exactly the cleanest medium to work with, LOL.

In the future I hope to be able to post some "how to" videos on my site.  I want to have videos of glazing, firing, throwing pottery on the wheel and pouring molds.  It will be a lot of fun.  So I am planning that for sometime next year.  I am also going to open a bisque shop on my web site where you can purchase the bisque and supplies to make the items yourself.  That will be great if you have a kiln or know someone who does and can fire the items yourself.  People have gotten away from ceramics as a hobby but I think it will come back in again.  I guess time will tell.

Well, that is just a hint of the things I am planning this year and next.  I hope I peaked your interest.  :-)

Until next time,,,,,,,Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice