Wednesday, July 13, 2011

God's timing is not our timing,,,,,,

Greetings!!

Understanding God's timing and accepting it is not always easy to do.  Sometimes we want something so bad and we ask God for His help and then we wait, and we wait, and we wait!!  I don't know about you but I am not always long on patience.  God will often delay something for that very reason.  We need to learn patience!  I need to learn patience!!

Many of you know I have an ongoing work comp case and have had to develop a lot of patience with it, LOL.  11 years ago on August 25 I was injured on the job as a truck driver.  My work comp case was won 9 years ago.  Neither the employer or the insurance company dispute that I was injured on the job.  Both say I should be paid.  But both want the other to pay it.  The battle the last 9 years has been over who will pay the judgement and final settlement.  I have been to every hearing and sat, watch and listened as lawyers and judges tried to figure out the mess.

In September we will be going back to court again.  This time the Appellate Court in Springfield, IL.  This, as far as I can tell is the end of the line.  It will be over one way or the other when the judges hand down their decision.  Yes, there is a slight possibility the State Supreme Court will take on the case but the odds are they won't.  They would not do it the last time we were in the Appellate Court and it is very much doubted they will now.

I have prayed and prayed asking God for His help.  I am standing on the promises in His word that He will.  "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for justice for justice will be served."  I am seeking justice.  I just want what I am rightfully owed according to the law.  I want my shoulder fixed if it can be after all these years.  I want the income lost because of this injury and the very long delay due to the legal battle.  I am not asking for anything excessive like the woman who spilt hot coffee on herself and then sued for the injury many years ago. 

I have prayed, I have seen many disappointments at each court hearing.  But I am waiting as patiently as I can.  I have not lost faith in God that He will serve me justice.  I have continued to trust that someday this will come to an end and to my benefit.  Since the beginning of my case the workers compensation act has been re-written a couple of times, better clarifying laws that enabled the insurance company to use some loop holes.  The loop holes have been closed up.  I am sure this was part of God's plan.  After all it will benefit other injured workers going up against a less than righteous employer or insurance company.  God always has a plan!!

Still this is one of the longest tests of patience I have had in my life.  I have grown to become very patient in most things.  But I am sure, I will have more tests in this area, LOL.  Understanding that God's timing and our timing are not the same is difficult at best.  But we must always remember God does have a plan for each and every one of us.  Even if we do not know what it is, we must be patient and continue to listen to the whisper of God.

Until next time,,,,, Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice