Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Yesterday, today and tomorrow,,,,,,

Greetings!!

Yesterday I hurt so much from mowing the day before that I could hardly walk.  Very little got done that I wanted to do.  I did manage to cut up some melons and to make a nice tossed salad, but that is about it.  Such is the life with fibromyalgia.

Today I am not hurting quite as much.  Still a lot of pain but a lot more tolerable than yesterday.  Today I plan on starting my packing in earnest.  I finally got a half a dozen good sized boxes out of my car that have been there a while.  I will start in the room I have my computer in.  There are a lot of things to go through in here.  Some mine, some Frank's.  He can pack his own things, I will put them in a pile as I go through my stuff.  This evening I am going to bible study and New Hope if I feel up to it by the time I get done packing and possibly moving a load over to Win's house.

Tomorrow I will wind up paying for the work I do today, measured in pain.  Such is the life of a person with fibromyalgia.  I do not like giving into the pain.  Sometimes, like yesterday, I have no choice.  I pray tomorrow is not as bad.  If I pace myself, take frequent breaks and rest, I should not be as bad tomorrow.  My problem is, I often do not know when to quit or take that break.

Most people who do not have fibromyalgia or do not live with a person who has it, just can not understand how the pain can be this bad.  They do not understand why you can not get a task as easy as vacuuming the floor completed without taking breaks.  They don't want to hear you are in pain.  They don't understand the tears when the pain is so bad you cry.  Or you cry because you are frustrated that you can not get the job done.  Even simple things can be very painful.  Last night I had a difficult time eating supper, holding a fork hurt.  I had a hard time sitting still to watch TV because I could not get comfortable with the pain.  Frank is like most people who do not have nor have they been exposed to fibromyalgia before.  He does not understand the pain or amount of pain.

There is nothing worse than a person with fibromyalgia hearing statements like, "no one can be in that much pain", "I don't understand why you can not do this", "how can someone be in so much pain all the time", and the dreaded, "you're just lazy and don't want to do anything".  There are so many other hurtful statements those of us with fibromyalgia have heard over the years.  I wish people would wake up and realize this is a real and debilitating disease.  The pain is real.  It is due to hyper sensitive nerves.  It is not faked and it is not from depression, although sometimes it causes those inflicted with the disease to become depressed.  After all, who would not get depressed when they see their quality of life deteriorating?  Who would not get depressed when they can't do the things they enjoy doing or even simple tasks around the home?  What about when just a year ago you could do so much more than you can now?  Then of course there are all the negative hurtful statements you hear, that will depress a person too.

It is my prayer that people will be more understanding when they come in contact with a person with fibromyalgia.  I pray they take the time to educate themselves about this disease instead of making comments that can be very hurtful.  I pray for an easier day tomorrow than I had yesterday.  And I pray all people inflicted with fibromyalgia will find peace and comfort during the worse times of the disease.  In Jesus name, Amen!

Until next time,,,,,,Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice