Monday, July 25, 2011

The rain came, the rain went,,,,,

Greetings!!

Yesterday the rain came, and the rain went but the humidity stayed.  We do have some cooler temperatures than we have had lately but not by much.  I am late this morning writing this blog because I figured I had better take advantage of the few degrees cooler and get out and mow the lawns.  I mowed both my lawn and the landlord's lawn at the house next door.  He lets me use his riding mower and I do both lawns, its a pretty fair deal I would say.  I have not done any lawn work in over three weeks due to the high heat and humidity.

I got about half the trimming done with the weed whacker.  It is a battery operated one and is not designed to do two lawns on a single charge.  So tomorrow morning I will get out and finish the trimming.  I have the whacker back on the charger and it will be all set to go in the morning.

With the fibromyalgia even the riding mower will cause my muscles to cramp and spasm.  So I always feel accomplished when I get a job like this done.  I did not let the pain beat me today and that is such a good feeling.  Those of you who live with fibromyalgia will understand how I feel.  Being able to do some of the simplest tasks that most people take for granted is a sense of accomplishment and a great triumph for those with fibromyalgia.

When you have fibromyalgia even a gentle breeze can be painful.  Feeling clothes touching your skin can make you want to cry.  Yet you never want to give into the pain.  You push yourself until you have no choice but to give in and rest for a while.  It is a constant battle of your will power each and every day.  People who do not suffer from this horrible disease cannot even imagine what you go through never mind understand it.

My church family are huggers, they love to hug.  The pain of being hugged is excruciating for me, yet I never tell them no or to stop.  Why?  Because we all need to be hugged and feel loved.  And I also don't want to make any one feel bad because they were trying to show me love.  Our Heavenly Father commands us to love one another.  Hugging is and expression of love.  So I hug everyone back who hugs me.  Then when I come home after services, I have to give in for a while and rest, take a muscle relaxer and or pain killer and just recover.  Will I once again hug everyone next Sunday?  Yes I will because I am both giving and receiving love.  And love can conquer anything!!

I take one day at a time with my fibromyalgia and I do what I can and try not to worry about what I can not do.  Yes, sometimes I push too hard and wind up paying for it with worse pain, muscle spasms and cramps, but then the good that is accomplished is well worth the pain and cramps.  I know God is always with me and I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, sometimes I just have to do it a little slower.  :-)

Until next time,,,,,,,Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice