Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Can we say hot, hot, hot???

Greetings!

Can we say hot, hot, hot???  Yes, baby its hot outside!!  Last night at 9:30pm when I went to bed the heat index was still at 105.  And now this morning at about 8:15am the heat index is close to 100 its going to be another scorcher!!

They keep extending the heat warnings out another day or two at a time, now it is extended through Saturday.  A friend of mine read in the paper the other day that it will be like this through the end of the month.  I don't know about you but I don't fair well in this weather.  It tears up the fibromyalgia something fierce.  I can barely get around now, not sure how I will be by the end of the month.

I have no choice but to run some errands today.  I have to pick up medicines, pet food and pay bills.  There is just no getting around it.  It must be done.  So, shortly after I post this I am on my way out to get it done early and get back home to the air conditioning. The a/c in the car does not work very well so that will make for a miserable time as well.

Even my dog Rusty does not want to be out long in this heat.  He goes out long enough to take care of business then wants right back in.  Smart dog!!!

But with all my moaning and complaining I can not help but feel compelled to pray for those who are in worse shape.  People who do not have air conditioners, those that are homeless and those who may be without electricity in this sweltering heat.  Thinking about them, I really should not complain, over all I have it pretty good.  I have a roof over my head with a/c that is working.  It wasn't that many years ago that I was homeless but at least for now, I am not.  I am grateful for what I have.

Heavenly Father, I pray for those who are worse off.  Who do not have a home, or air conditioning.  I pray for those whose electricity has been shut off and they are suffering in this heat.  Father, I ask that you give them strength to endure.  I ask that you comfort them when they feel lost and forgotten.  Father I pray that you bring a break in the hot weather to give those in need a reprieve from the heat.  I pray you open the skies and bring much needed rain to a dry and scorched land.  Father I stand on your word, you are the God of mercy, show mercy to those in need.  Father I know that you are the almighty and there is none above you, and that you have the power to do anything you desire.  I pray openly and unashamedly to you Father, we need your help!!  So many of your children are suffering from this extreme heat Father!!  Father you control the wind and the rain and the temperatures and you alone can make it change.  I ask these things in Jesus' loving a precious name.  And I thank you for being faithful and answering the prayers of those who pray to you in faith because your word tells us, "whatever we ask for in faith, it shall be given."  I stand upon that promise when I ask you in faith to do these things.  I pray in the name of my Lord and Savior, Jesus.  Amen!!

Until next time,,,,,,Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice