Friday, July 15, 2011

Heat wave coming,,,,,,

Greetings!!

They have been putting up warnings on my weather bug since yesterday regarding the very bad heat wave that will start this weekend and run through next week.  According to the weather bug and the National Weather Service we are under a "dangerous heat index warning" starting Sunday and going through to at least next Thursday.  They say we will have heat indexes from 105 - 110F and above.  That gives me two days to prepare.

Prepare?  How do you prepare for a heat wave?  Well, one of the first things I will do is clean out the filters on the air conditioners so they will run better and work a little easier.  You would be amazed at how fast those filters can fill up with dust, dirt, animal fur, etc.  Then I will put several bottles of water in the fridge to get them nice and cold.  I have to go grocery shopping either today or tomorrow so I will buy things that I can prepare without heating up the house.  No sense running the oven and having the air conditioners fight the heat of the oven.

Because my fibromyalgia does not tolerate humidity very well I will also plan on staying in as much as possible.  Any appointments during the worse heat of the day will either be changed or postponed.  I just won't go out in this type of weather if at all possible.  I'll get my prescription for muscle relaxers refilled as my muscles will be screaming during that time.  Check to make sure there are a couple of ice packs in the freezer too.  Cold on a sore muscle will often help relieve the pain.  I'll make some salads and cold foods to eat too.  Cold foods are more enjoyable when it is so hot outside.

Have you given any thought to what you will do to make things a little bit easier when you have a heat spell like this in your area??  It is always good to be prepared for any little emergency that comes up.  And to me, heat like this can be an emergency.

Until next time,,,,,,,,Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice