Saturday, January 1, 2011

The year is 2011,,,,,

Greetings!!

If you are like me, when we were kids we never thought we would live long enough to see the year 2000.  Now we are starting the second decade in the 2000s.  It hardly seems possible.  Where did all those years go?  I turned 52 this past November.  To me that is not old,,, and yet I feel old today.  Many people say I do not look my age,,, but when I look into a mirror I see the lines and weatherization of a life filled with trials and tribulations.

It is hard to rejoice in the Lord when you are in the middle of a trying time but I count it as joy.  Why?  Because I know if Satan is throwing trials at me, I must be doing something right as a Christian.  Satan will always attack the Christians more and with deeper intensity before he attacks a non-believer.  He does not have to try to pull them away from their faith, as they already do not have any.

I had a Pastor once tell me, "if you are a true Christian than Satan can not come up against you."  All I could do is shake my head in disbelief.  Umm, what bible are you reading, Pastor?  Because it sure is not the same as mine!!  Satan can and will come up against Christians.  It's how you handle it that will determine the outcome.  Do you call on the Lord?  Do you trust in Him to help you through it?  Or do you let Satan beat you down until you can not stand up any more?

Sometimes the attacks from Satan get so overwhelming we just can't think straight.  We forget to pray and ask God for help.  We forget to use the authority that Christ gave us to command Satan to leave us alone.  For if we command Satan, in the name of Jesus to leave us alone, he must do it.  But when you are so down it is easy to forget these things.  Even the strongest in faith can sometimes forget.  We must be very careful to never forget who is on the throne and to turn to Him for ALL our needs.

Anyone who preachers that you are a Christian and therefore will not have trials and tribulations is a liar!!  The ones that tell you, if you are having times of trouble you must be doing something wrong and God is punishing you,, is a liar!!

I don't believe God tests us.  I believe God allows Satan to test us, just as he allowed Satan to test Job.  Remember,,, God already knew Job would be faithful no matter what Satan threw at him.  And Job did remain faithful.  Can we say the same thing?  We will remain faithful to God no matter what Satan throws at us?

The next time Satan throws you down to your knees, remember to stop and pray while you are down there.  God will hear you, and He will help you.  God tells us in His word, He will never leave you nor forsake you, all you have to do is ask.

Wishing you a very blessed New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice