Friday, December 31, 2010

Best Wishes for a Happy and Blessed New Year!!

Greetings!!

Best wishes for a Happy and Blessed New Year!!!  Many people look back on the year we are about to leave behind, some with regret.  I prefer to look ahead to the New Year and the things that might come to pass.  God is awesome to give us a new year to start new beginnings!

Never regret your past, you can not go back and change it.  However, if you approach it as a learning session, then you can move forward into the new year with renewed hope for a brighter future.  We can learn from our mistakes of the past and make the future brighter.  :-)

The ending of this year in Central Illinois is engulfed in an unusually warm spell.  We are pushing close to 60 degrees as I write this and expect to hit the low 60s before the day is over.  2010 is going out with a bit of a bang but not in fireworks.  We are having thunderstorms and are under a tornado watch until 7pm.

Because it is so warm I intend to fix a steak and baked potatoes on the grill for supper.  The grill sits on a covered porch so I am not concerned about the rain and it might not even be raining by the time I fix supper.

I had not intended to stay up until midnight tonight but have since changed my mind.  So while at the store today I bought some lil' wieners and some crescent roll dough and will make "pigs in a blanket" as a midnight snack as we ring in the new year and celebrate that wonderful gift from God.

I have had some losses this past year, and some negative things happen,,, but over all I have been blessed.  I have a roof over my head and food on my table.  I have three wonderful pets, Rusty (dog), Missy (oldest cat) and Faxon ( younger cat and new addition to my family this year).  I have Frank in my life.  Yes we have had times of difficulties, but I still count him as a blessing.  I love him with all my heart and I don't think there will ever be anything that could change that.  I thank God for bringing him into my life.  It is my joy and my pleasure to take care of him and help him with his health struggles as he has a serious heart condition.

God obviously had a plan for bringing us together and I must always remember that when things get stressful, as they do sometimes.  God filled my heart with love for Frank.  Satan might try to destroy it,,, but he can not destroy what God put together.

My goals for next year,,,,  always appreciate the ones I love,  appreciate the simple things in life for sometimes the smallest things bring the greatest pleasures.  Continue to seek God first in all I do, for without Him, I can do nothing and I am nothing.

Happy New Year everyone,,,,, until next year,,,,, Blessings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice