Thursday, December 30, 2010

Where has all the snow gone??

Greetings!

Last night when I went to bed, it was raining or drizzling on and off and the temperature was beginning to rise.

When I woke up this morning the temperature is in the mid 40s and still climbing.  I went outside to take the dog out and almost all of the 7 inches of snowfall from Christmas day, along with the snow banks that were created from plowing and shoveling were gone!!  Left in its place,,, a muddy mess, LOL.

It just goes to show you,,, for all the knowledge we have on this earth we still can not control the weather.  It shows me God is still in control!!  Here it is December 30th and we are having a heat wave for this time of year.  They are predicting temperatures in the 60s tomorrow, New Years Eve.  Can you imagine??

I remember praying for a White Christmas this year and God answered my prayers with 7 inches of the white stuff Christmas morning.  Guess I should have put a limit on how much of the white stuff I wanted, LOL.  But God is good, He does listen and He does answer prayers to those who faithfully expect an answer and wait on Him for it.

On New Years Eve day we are suppose to hit the low 60s.  Can you imagine?  It will be raining on and off but I should be able to get out and take care of some outdoor work that needs tending too.  God is again, answering prayer.  I prayed for a warm up to take care of those things and not have to suffer through the bitter cold temperatures to do it.  God is good, all the time!!

I have had people ask me, when they have heard me pray,  "how can you pray with such confidence?"  How can I not pray with confidence?  If I don't have confidence God will answer my prayer then why bother praying?  How many times does God have to answer prayer before you believe He is really answering it?  He does not have to prove himself to us,, we have to prove ourselves to Him!!  The best way to do that is to pray with confidence He will answer you.  With faith!

Jesus tells us, "whatsoever you ask for in my name in faith, I will give you."  Faith and confidence are the key words.  You must have total and complete faith.  Yes, sometimes that is easier said than done,,, but it can be done.  Make friends with your bible.  Study God's word,,, learn His promises to His people and your faith will grow.  Trust in God and lean on Him.

Until next time,,,, I am pondering what I will be praying for next!!
Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice