Friday, December 24, 2010

Its gonna be a White Christmas,,,

Greetings!

I woke up very early this morning with a coughing fit and rather than keep Frank awake I decided to get up.  I am sure to need a nap sometime today, but that's OK.

I had expected to already find it snowing on this Christmas eve day,, but alas it is not started yet.  They are calling for around 4 inches of the fluffy white stuff between today and tomorrow, so we will indeed have a White Christmas this year.  Having grown up in NY state where we always seemed to have snow for the holidays this will make it even more festive for me.  For several years we have not seen snow during the holidays and it just did not seem the same.

Yesterday, I was quite busy in the kitchen most of the day.  I have already started prep work for our big dinner tomorrow.  Trying to get as much done as possible before hand so I do not have to work as hard on Christmas Day and can enjoy the holiday with everyone else.

I baked my squash, and sweet potatoes so I only have to heat them up tomorrow.  I made my cabbage salad and hard boiled eggs.  I did some other prep work in the kitchen and also managed to throw in a load of laundry.  Today, I will mix my stuffing, bake pies and bread and fix up the deviled eggs.  I'll throw another load of laundry in as well.  And I need to remember to change the light bulb that burned out in the dining room, LOL.

I am making a snack tray or relish tray as we always called it, of, celery, carrots, radishes, pickles, olives, summer sausage and cheese.  Still so much work to do as I plan on having a lot of food this year.  We are only having one dinner guest, possibly two,,, but I want the left overs, LOL.  There should be enough for us and our dinner guest to take some home.  No cooking for me until after New Years!!

I am going to roast a turkey breast and a spiral cut ham on the grill tomorrow.  We'll have mashed potatoes, stuffing, sweet potatoes, squash, green bean casserole, beets, cranberry sauce, deviled eggs, relish tray, cabbage salad, home made bread and two kinds of pie.  No one should go hungry, LOL.  Lots of food but yet nothing fancy.  Just a relaxing time together.  My kind of day.  :-)

Tomorrow is the time to celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus.  I give thanks to God for giving us Jesus to live and die for us so that we might be saved from our sins.  I hope you too will take the time tomorrow from your festivities to remember what we are actually celebrating.  It is not the gifts, or even the feast on the table, but the birth, life, death, Resurrection and ascension of Jesus, Lord of Lord, King of Kings!  Hallelujah to the Lamb of God!!  Happy Birthday Jesus!!

Have a very Merry Christmas everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice