Friday, December 17, 2010

Decorative Painting

Greetings!

I decided to share some pictures of things I have "decorative painted".  I used Donna Dewberry's One Stroke technique primarily.  I have sold a lot of these items at the farmers market here and at craft shows.  I did keep a few for me.  The dresser and folding table with the white background I kept.  The little green table with roses was one of the first items to sell.  I can't wait to do more painting but first I must get more things organized in the house.  Christmas is just 8 days away and I have nothing ready, so that must come first.

I plan on taking the winter months to build up some inventory of both ceramics and other crafts.  I have plenty of items to paint on, just need the time and freedom to sit down and do it.

This little child's table was one of the first items I sold at the farmers market last year.  I love how it came out and almost wish I had kept it.


This is a serving tray I painted a couple of years ago, I have kept this one for myself as I love sunflowers and this was my first attempt at doing them.  I do like how it came out.


I have kept this dresser for me as well.  I bought the dresser at a yard sale for $10, it was hand made and not stained very well.  I loved bringing it to life painting it.


This is a close up of the drawers on the dresser.  All my painting is done free-hand, no stencils or patterns to trace, so each drawer will have slight differences.


This is the top of a wood folding table.  I sure love yard sale bargains that I can add new life too.  You will most likely see me using this table at 3rd Sunday Market next year and other sales that I will be doing.


Here is a close up of some of the brush work on the table.  I love doing roses, it is so much fun to see the colors blend right before your eyes.


These ornaments are actually made out of paper mache`.  They looks sort of old world or old german in style.


These are glass ornaments.  I have sold several boxes of them over the years and hope to sell many more next year.


I have a tendency to keep these in a symmetrical pattern so it looks the same from any angle.  However, I have a lot of others that just have a single design, such as a snowman or a candle on the front of them.  I'll post more pictures at a later day when I am back to working on inventory.

Well, I reckon that is enough pictures for this post.  I really need to get busy around the house.  Today I am putting together a shelving unit for Frank's movies and continuing to clean and organize my dining room to get ready for Christmas.

Until next time,,,,, have a blessed day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice