Tuesday, December 28, 2010

When someone betrays your trust and love,,,,

How do you feel when someone you really care for and love, betrays that trust and love?  How do you react?  Do you feel hurt, angry, or both?  Are you ready to tell them where to go, or do you forgive?  If you forgive, how many times are you willing to forgive before you say enough is enough?

Some people I know expect forgiveness over and over again.  Its like they think they can say I am sorry, that makes everything OK and they go right back to doing the same thing again.

Jesus said, "your sins are forgiven, go and sin no more."  Think about that a minute,,,,, "go and sin no more".  To me that means, OK, I forgive you this time,,,, but don't do it again.  So, how many times do you forgive?  Especially after a deep trust is broken.  And if the same "sins" have happened more than once, when do you draw the line?

To add insult to injury, some people will never take responsibility for their actions therefore never expressing remorse.  "Its your fault or someone else's fault for what they did."  Ummm, NO, they are not the ones that did it.  No one held a gun to your head and tell you to lie or cheat or whatever it was you did to break that trust.  Take responsibility for your actions!

What really amazes me about people who behave like this is usually at some point they have claimed that someone had done it to them before.  Most profess they would never do that to another because they know how much it hurts.  All little lies to get you to trust them.  They have no intentions on standing on their word.

It surprises me how many people today do not believe in the old adage, "your word is your bond".  I guess maybe I should not be surprised the way the world is going.  But I would think more people in my own generation would still feel that way.  We were generally all raised with a good sense of values and morals.  But I have encountered more and more people from my generation who are so self-centered, selfish, uncaring, lying and morally dead its down right scary.

I actually had someone tell me once, "I can tell you anything, or promise you anything today because tomorrow I might change my mind".  And this person literally saw nothing wrong in that statement!  I can only imagine what would drive a person to be like this,,,,,, no that's wrong, I can not imagine that!!

All I can say is I believe the majority of these people may have their fun and games now but they will see a time in their lives when they are lonely, perhaps in need of help,, and no one will be there because they have hurt everyone they have come in contact with.  Once a trust is broken it is very hard to rebuild it or might be impossible.  And if those that loved them and were hurt by them get angry enough there is always the possibility they might try to hurt them back.  That is not a risk I would want to take!!

Trust is not automatic, it is earned.  When its broken, you will need to work much harder to regain that trust,,,, if you can.

Well that's my thoughts for today folks!!
Until next time,,,,,, blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice