Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Can America Survive??

Greetings!

I have been reading a book called "Can America Survive" by Pastor John Hagee.  If you have ever watched evangelists on TV you have probably seen him at one point or another.  He is a dynamic preacher in my opinion.  I have never heard him preach an untruth, so I feel very comfortable watching him and knowing what he has said is true.

This book is filled with prophetic signs of the end times,,, current events happening today and what the future holds for this country and this world.  I am about 2/3s through the book now and I can tell you, if you were unaware of certain current events this is definitely a wake up call.  Even down to some of the tiniest details you might not think of.

#8 in the list of prophetic signs that we are in the end times is this:  "Days of Deception".  Pastor Hagee talks about how we will be deceived and deceive each other.  We will lie to each other and excuse it off as it is "no big deal" and "perfectly acceptable to do."  He bases this on the following scripture:  Everyone will deceive his neighbor, and will not speak the truth; they have taught their tongue to speak lies; they weary themselves to commit iniquity.  Jeremiah 9:5

I don't think there is a sole today who doesn't know someone who lets lies roll from their tongues as easy as they say their own names.  Whether big or small lies it has become acceptable and common practice today.

This particular portion of the book has really hit home to me.  Actually it all has but this one because of the troubles I am currently going through with Frank and went through with my ex husband.  Both lie so easily it is downright scary to me.  But I have seen it in other people too.  I was brought up different than that.  I still go back to those basic values I was taught as a child.  "Your word is your bond".  Actually, that originated in the bible too, when we are told, "let your yes be yes and your no be no".

Pastor Hagee has 10 prophetic signs in this book and as I am reading them I can see where each one either has already come to pass or is in the process.  This book is filled with doom and gloom but it is also filled with the wonderful, miraculous promises of God for those who believe.  I recommend you read this book.  For those of you who already believe in the saving powers of Jesus this will confirm your beliefs and give you courage to endure the very trying days ahead.  For those of you who do not believe,,, you need your salvation and you need it now.  This book will show you why.

You can order this book on either Pastor Hagee's web site,,,  jhm.org  or  at christianbooks.com  you can also probably rent a copy at your local library.  It is most definitely worth the read.  It will give you an education like none other.

Until next time,,,,,,, blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice