Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Amish in Florida???

Greetings everyone!!

Many people know I have a deep interest in the Amish.  I admire and respect their way of life and faith beliefs.  In many ways I would like to live like them and try to on some levels.

But did you know there are Amish in Florida?  So many times I have heard people say, "I have never heard of Amish living in Florida, you are nuts!!"  To be honest, until recently I did not know there were Amish in Florida and not only that, they have been there since around the 1920s.  These Amish along with their Mennonite friends and family have a paper called the Pinecraft Pauper. 

Ms. Sherry Gore is the editor.  You can find Sherry on facebook.  What a charming woman!  Well Sherry is offering a contest through another blog that I read on a regular basis called, "Amish America" a free subscription to the Pinecraft Pauper.  Just follow this ling to go to that blog and get the information.  While there say hello to Erik who writes the blog and tell him, Alice sent ya! LOL  http://amishamerica.com/pinecraft-pauper-florida-amish-mennonite-newspaper/comment-page-1/#comment-10516

Hope you enjoy reading about the Amish and Mennonites as much as I do and you enjoy Erik's blog.  Browse around while you are there.  You might find quite a bit that peaks your interest including a state guide to the Amish.

Until next time,,,,, blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice