Sunday, January 30, 2011

Bad storm brewing,,,,

Greetings,

I don't usually write on Sundays but wanted to let you all know if you don't hear from me for a couple of days chances are pretty good we lost power.

We are under a "Dangerous Winter Storm Advisory" through Wednesday.  We are suppose to start off sometime tomorrow, (Monday) with freezing rain.  Then snow, high winds and frigid temperatures with blizzard conditions.  They are calling for up to 1/2 inch of ice followed by around a foot of snow.

I am getting prepared today.  Getting candles out and ready to go.  I have three gallon jugs of water in the freezer.  The jugs of frozen water will help to keep my food from spoiling should we lose power.  Plenty of food and necessities in the house already.  I do like being prepared for emergencies.  I have a huge cooler I will get out on the front porch.  That can store frozen foods once the temperatures drop if need be.

Propane tank for the BBQ grill is full, so can always cook on that if need be.  But the gas for the stove should be fine.  I have a coffee pot that I can make coffee on the stove with, LOL.  Will have the cell phone fully charged and fresh batteries for the flashlights.  We should be fine.  It is always good to be prepared.  :-D  So don't worry my friends if you don't hear from me.  I will be safe and sound even if the power goes out.

Until next time,,,,, Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice