Friday, January 28, 2011

Progress is slow but the work is good,,,,

Greetings!!

I am going to take today off from glazing as I have so much to do.  I have counseling this morning and many errands to run afterwards.

Progress is a bit slow on the mixing bowl set for me but the work is good so I won't complain.  It will take some time to build my speed back up again after taking the winter off.  But quality control must always pass my standards no matter who fast or slow I get something done.  And I am always very tough on myself, LOL

Here are a few pictures to give you an idea of how I am doing.  I do have the smallest bowl completed already and put on a shelf until I go to the kiln.  The middle sized bowl just needs clear glaze over the blue and white bands and a signature on the bottom.  I left the bands unglazed while I glazed the largest bowl so I could use it as a visual guide.  The larger bowl is complete.

I have completed the blue and white bands and am now just starting to put the yellow glaze on.


I had company today, LOL.  My cat Faxon.  He likes to watch mommy work.  Such a joy to have around!!


Three coats of the yellow glaze now on.  It needs to dry a bit before I do anything else.


I have clear glazed over the blue and white bands and am now adding a signature.


This signature will be fired into the glaze.  It can not be peeled off, or rubbed off and it will not wash off.  Its permanent!!  This piece is now on the shelf drying to go into the kiln.

My kiln is at Win's house so I am not sure what day I will get over there to fire everything but I can't wait to show you the finished pieces!!  I also have some other pieces to work on first so it might be a while yet.  I want to fire that kiln as full as possible to get the most bang for my buck.  So keep checking back.

Until next time,,,,,,,,  Blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice