Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Nothing on my mind,,, except,,,,,

Greetings!

I woke up with nothing on my mind today except working on ceramics, LOL.  I can't wait to get back into the swing of things starting tomorrow.  But I think if I can squeeze in the time today I will do a little organizing in my craft room.

Today I have to take Frank to the VA for blood work.  Then as a treat we are going to Red Lobster for a late lunch early dinner kind of thing.   A special treat for Frank as he loves seafood.  I am deathly allergic however so I will usually get chicken.  Because there are so many fish oils floating in the air in a seafood restaurant I will take a couple of Benedryl just before we leave the VA to help prevent an allergic reaction.

The first time we had gone to Red Lobster I had not thought to do that.  We were in the restaurant about 15 minutes when the all too familiar itching and hives started.  But I carry Benedryl with me to stave off allergic reactions so I took a couple and all was fine.  Now I am smarter and just take the Benedryl ahead of time and have no problems.

We don't go too often so this will be a nice treat.  We have to drive right by Red Lobster to get to and from the VA so it is not out of our way.

I have a case of various glazes I need to open and get put away before I start glazing tomorrow.  I have a mixing bowl set already started so will work on it first.  It is banded in yellow, white and blue and very pretty.  Similar to the antique yellow ware but in high gloss instead.  I decided to go with a high gloss glaze rather than the original matt finish because I did not want anyone thinking I am trying to pass something new off as antique.  However, if someone wanted a set in the matt finish I could certainly do it.

I have a set of red bowls that I love.  I did them in a satin type finish.  Just a little shine like polished wood.  Actually the bowls remind me of turned wood that was stained a red.  Pretty cool!  One of my most popular sets is the Americana set.  It is done in a red, white and blue with a combination of satin and high gloss glazes.  Very pretty!

I have so many different designs running through my head today.  Several different projects to work on.  Just can't wait to experiment with them!!

I have a rather large supply of bisque in my inventory right now.  For those who do not know, bisque is what the wares are called when they have been fired in a kiln once but not decorated and glazed once.  Greenware is the name of the same item before firing, decorated and glazed.  Currently my shop is not set up for me to pour my own molds, so I purchase bisque wholesale and do the decorating and glazing and firing myself.

I do own over 2000 molds, pouring equipment and 3 kilns, but most of that is in storage.  I live in a rental home and am unable at this time to have all my ceramics molds and equipment here at this time.  I hope I get to do that this year.  It would be great to move it all here and then pour my own molds.

I love every aspect of ceramics.  From mixing the slip to pouring molds, cleaning greenware, firing, decorating, firing again and producing the finished product.  It is such a blessing to be able to be so creative!  I have also thrown on a wheel and might try to get my wheel here this spring.

Until next time,,,,, blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice