Friday, January 21, 2011

Sometimes I confuse myself, LOL

Greetings!

Our discussion over on Amish America blog has somehow gone from truth in advertising to full time RVing.  Well for a couple of us anyway, LOL.  It gives me that old wander lust again.  I love to travel and see our beautiful country!

Full time RVing is not for everyone.  You need to seriously downsize what you own and haul with you when living in an RV.  There just isn't enough room for everything, plus you don't want to be pulling that extra weight around.  You won't make a lot of money living in an RV if you need the income.  So downsizing your needs and expenses is imperative.

Living in a small container smaller than most living rooms today is not easy either.  It's not for everyone!

I am so torn about what I want to do in my future it sometimes confuses me.  There are so many options and possibilities.  On one hand I would love to stay put in a home, have a garden, work on my business and set down roots.  But then I get that bug to want to go places.  See things.  Meet different people.  Feel the freedom of being on the road again.  You see, I was once a truck driver and travel from coast to coast all the time.

Yes, truck driving is much different.  You are on a time schedule.  You have a job to do and can't just pull over and relax when the mood strikes you.  But I also owned an Airstream camper at one time and got to travel with it, just a bit.

There are job opportunities for full time RVers.  And there are plenty of free places to park the camper for the night.  You can set your pace, pick your jobs, go where you want to go.  But unless you are rich, you won't have a home to come home to.  And you won't be setting down roots some place.

There are good points to both.  And both really appeal to me.  Guess in some ways I have not decided what I want to be when I grow up, LOL.

I put this in God's hands and I am sure he will lead me where I need to be and what I need to do.  But it sure is fun to dream.  :-)

Until next time,,,,, blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice