Friday, January 14, 2011

Dis n Dat,,,,,

Greetings,

Seems my writing this blog is taking a little bit of a downfall as I try to adjust to the pain killers the doctor has me on now.  All I want to do is sleep.  I have way too much to get done to be sleeping all the time, but right now I have no choice.  Hopefully, the body will adjust soon and I will be able to get back to normal.

Next week I plan on ordering my seeds for my garden.  I just can't wait to get them started and for the first chance in spring to till up the ground and do much needed yard work.  I have watched prices climb in the grocery store again and feel having a garden is becoming more of a necessity than just a hobby.  We really need to be able to supplement our food budget with good fresh produce from the garden.  The cost of living goes up and up but the income does not match it.

Recently I heard a new law passed, don't know if it is state or federal for sure but I am thinking federal.  Anyhow, the local grocery store can no longer buy from the local gardeners and farmers in season to sell in their store.  Our local IGA grocery store always bought the local produce from people who had extra in their garden they wanted to get rid of.  No more!  According to what I was told from an employee, they were told that there is no way to keep track and regulate what a local gardener grows so therefore they will not be allowed to sell it.

I wonder what this law will do for the local farmers market where people sell what they grow in their gardens?  Will that soon be regulated or banned?  This is just one more step in big corporations and government taking total control of the food chain. 

I have talked before about the difference between heirloom seeds and hybrid seeds.  Soon you will not be able to buy heirloom seeds and forced into buying hybrid.  Which means you will have to buy them year after year or not have a garden.  When that happens be prepared to pay an enormous amount of money for one packet of seeds.  Corporations like Monsanto and the government want total control over the food chain.  They will force all smaller farming operations out of business with so many regulations, fees and permits that the smaller farmer will not be able to afford them.  You then will have no control over the chemicals dumped on your food.  If you only buy from the grocery store, you already have no control.

I believe the bulk of illnesses today are born of the chemicals already being used.  It will get much worse before it is over with.  Do I sound like a conspiracy theorist?  I suppose in some ways I do.  But research it for yourselves and you will come to the same conclusions.

I have gone to counseling one day a week for the past couple of years.  Primarily due to the abuse of my ex husband.  Counseling helps me get through the nightmares and cope with every day life.  Today, I am to start with a new counselor as my previous one took another job elsewhere.  I am apprehensive.  I feel like I am starting from scratch and moving backward instead of forward.  I had made great progress with my last counselor.  Time will tell with this new one.  I have only spoken to her on the phone once and already I do not like her.  This is not going to be easy.  But I go meet her in an hour and I am going to try to keep an open mind.  I know I still need to see a counselor, so I must try.

When I had Rusty out this morning I saw my car was covered with ice so I need to get out there and get it warmed up and scraped off soon.  After counseling I will run a few errands before coming home.  Might as well kill two birds with one stone and save myself some extra trips.  I have become a real homebody and actually dread when I have to go out.  Not sure if that comes with getting older or from all the abuse I went through.  Home, feels safe to me.

Until next time,,,,,,,, blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice