Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sundae bowls,,, in the works,,,,,

Greetings!!

Still a long ways to go before they are done but I thought I would share some pictures of the Sundae Bowls I am currently making.  Right now I am underglazing, which is putting 3 coats of color on then a glaze will be applied over the underglaze and they will be fired.  I am underglazing to the bisque rather than greenware.

You might recall I had posted some time back that right now I am purchasing bisque wholesale as I am not currently set up to pour my molds yet.  Not the best way to do things as I love pouring molds as much as the glazing and painting, but for now at least, I have no choice.

Frank and I are looking at a house and thinking about buying it.  If we do, once the work is done it will be awesome!!  I will be able to set up a little store in the garage and possibly even have classes again.  I hope we can work things out and get the house.  It needs a lot of work but it is livable as we do the work in it.  Time will tell, I will keep you posted.

Just starting to put underglaze on.  That color will actually be a bright purple.  Underglazes never look like they will after they are fired in the kiln so it takes a bit of planning and knowing colors.


First coat is on, two more to go.


A set of 6 Sundae Bowls, all 3 coats are on, now its time to start the flowers.


These pictures do not do it justice.  There are purple flowers, with yellow centers and green leaves all over the white background.


I always try to sign my art work.


Just 5 more to go and I can put on a clear glaze on the top.  This particular underglaze is designed to go directly on the bisque and once completely dry clear glaze is applied right over the underglaze without having to do a firing first.   I use only American made glazes certified non-toxic and lead free.  My utilitarian wares are microwave and dishwasher safe and of course are meant to be used!!

Until next time,,,,,,,,,, Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice