Saturday, March 5, 2011

Time for a change,,,,,,

Greetings!

I don't know if you have noticed or not but I like playing with the background and colors.  I guess that is the artist in me coming out even on here, LOL.

This background reminds me of many things.  An Italian Restaurant, peace and quiet, good food and good company, baking, gardening, making things from scratch, and so much more.  I would love to turn this background into wallpaper for my dining room.  :-)  I love the soft colors. 

I once had a neighbor who gave me all her grapes from several arbors.  It took days to cook and can them all into juices and jellies.  I never did try making wine, but I would like to sometime.  Of course those who know me, know I am a bread baker and have sold home made breads at the local farmers market for a few years now.  But time for a change in that area too as I will no longer be selling at the local farmers market on a regular basis.

To get ready for a 4 hours sale on Saturday took all week baking.  Then you had the risk of getting rained out as this was an outdoor market with no where to go during storms.  Sometimes I made very good money, when everything went right and sometimes I lost a small fortune when the weather was bad.  Too much work for too much risk.  Besides, I want to concentrate on my ceramics and crafts and this farmers market is just not the right venue for that.  So, time for a change.

There is a place called the "Third Sunday Market" up in Bloomington, IL.  It is strictly antiques and hand made crafts.  It cost a whole lot more to rent a space at but they have the people come through there.  There is a ton more exposure and opportunity to succeed.  So that is what I am planning for this year.  I need to really work hard to get ready for it.  I feel so far behind schedule it is not funny.

I have finished glazing the Sundae Bowls I was working on and am now working on Salt & Pepper Shakers.  I have one set almost complete and just about ready to start another set.  Need to keep busy, but I love it!!

Of course if Frank and I do find a house we want to buy, there goes my plans for a while as I will have to do all the packing and moving when the time comes.  Then unpacking and getting settled in.  But it will be so worth it.

Time for a change?  Ha!!!  Life is always changing!!!

Until next time,,,,,,, Blessings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice