Monday, March 28, 2011

Finding balance,,,,,,

Greetings!!!

I seem to have lost my balance, I fell off the chair, LOL.  No, not that kind of balance, I am just kidding, LOL.

In this busy and hurried world we often tend to lose our balance.  That is to say, we get so busy doing one thing we tend to neglect other things.  A case in point was me yesterday.  I am pushing so hard to get ready for a craft sale on April 9th that I tend to forget other things I need to get done.  Yesterday I did try to find some balance but wound up really over doing myself and am paying for it today.

Yesterday, I glazed ceramics, did laundry and did some much needed house cleaning.  I must have looked like I was running around here like a chicken with my head chopped off, LOL.  In the desire to strike a balance in my work load I over loaded myself.  Way too many trips up and down the basement stairs in one day and I had muscle spasms all night due to the fibromyalgia.

Bending over and picking numerous things up and organizing and my back is screaming.  Hunched over my work desk for too long of periods at a time glazing and my neck feels like someone wrung it for me, LOL.  So, finding a balance that allows me to get the most amount of work done with the least amount of strain is essential.

As I laid awake most of the night dealing with the muscle spasms and pain I was thinking about this.  I have decided to put myself on a schedule.  1 load of laundry a day rather than several.  Less trips up and down the stairs in the same day that way.  Stairs kill me, they flare the fibromyalgia real bad.  Spread the housekeeping over a few days rather than trying to do everything on one day.  And once this sale is over on the 9th continue to build up inventory rather than scrambling to get enough done in time for a show.

Now granted there are some things that come up that tend to throw my best laid plans right out the window such as doctor's appointments, lab work and general medical stuff.  Dealing with landlords and looking for a new place to live also throws my schedule out of whack.  I guess that is life.

The next thing I think I need to do is develop a back up plan for when things interrupt the schedule.  Hmmmmm,,,  can we ever really find balance??  How do you find balance in your every day life?  I think I need a day planner and perhaps a bigger pocketbook to carry it in.  So many times I am at the doctor's or somewhere else and I have to rely on my faulty memory to know when there is free time, no doctor's appointments or other appointments to keep.  Sometimes I wonder if I even have any free time, LOL.  I would love to hear your thoughts.

Until next time,,,,,,,,,, blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice