Saturday, March 12, 2011

Getting ideas,,,,,,,,

Greetings!

Yesterday when taking a break from yard work I sat on the computer doing some research, getting ideas for different dish patterns for my ceramics I make.  I had a lot of fun.  Several ideas popped into my head as I was zooming along the information highway at warp speed.

First thing I though of was Pennsylvania Dutch Hex sign patterns.  Would be colorful and fun!  So I went searching the next and here are just a couple of what I found.





This is just a few.  And of course I would have to make some adjustments to them to be able to do them on ceramics.  I wonder if enough people would be interested in plates, bowls etc. with the hex signs?

Then I thought blue delft would be interesting to do.  So I did a search for blue delft and this is what I found.


I like the blue flower pattern.  It looks like it would be a little time consuming but not difficult.



Until I did my search I always thought that delft wares were only blue, but I found several with other colors added.  This is just one example.

Then I started to stretch my limits a bit, LOL.  My friend Erik told me about Polish Pottery, so I went a looking.  This is very intricate, highly detailed work but I love it.  It would give me a good challenge.  :-)


That is a lot of intricate work, but it sure is pretty.


I can see me doing this sort of thing at some point, but maybe not immediately.  I love the detail and all the design work.

Well, this made me think of the Ukrainian Eggs I saw as a kid.  I would love to put that sort of design work into a piece but I would think this would be more decorative than every day dishes type thing.


I can see some of these patterns on dishes.


Now that is some intricate design work!!

I have also found some basic patterns from other pottery shops that I would not mind doing something similar to my dishes.  This is one of the best ways to get ideas.  Just go see what everyone else does.  Find what you like then make it your own.  I will not do any pattern exactly like someone else's.  But this is a great way to get ideas for my own.


I love this design and the brush work on it.


This would make a nice fall and winter set.  A set with Poinsettias would look pretty too.


I have a lot of ideas now to work from.  Should keep me busy for quite a while picking out which ones I want to work with and then getting examples of each made up.

Searching the internet for ideas has been a lot of fun.  I have shown you only a small sampling of the things I have found.  I guess you are going to have to wait until I get some done, LOL.

Until next time,,,,,,,,,, Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice