Tuesday, March 8, 2011

What happened to customer service???

Greetings!!

I was not sure what I was going to write about this morning, but then I went to a friend's blog, she was discussing the prices of things today and that, in a round about way lead me to this topic, LOL.

Last week I bought a small bag of apples at the grocery store.  The next day I went to cut some up to have sliced and they were all bruised to the point I could not find one good slice in all the apples and had to throw them away.  I will complain to the store when I go shop this week but I was not going to make a special trip down there last week and burn up more money by way of gas tank.

It sure is not like it used to be.  When a customer had a complaint years ago, the store owner, manager or someone in charge would practically bend over backwards to make it right for you.  For example, bad apples, they would personally hand picked a bag of new, fresh apples and insure none were bruised.  They would also apologize several times for the problem.  Not today!  I am sure if/when I complain I will get a simple, "gee that's too bad" as they turn and walk away.  Most of the time today, you won't even hear someone say, "I'm sorry".

Frank and I went out to what was suppose to be a nice restaurant for Valentine's Day.  We had the house special that day, Rack of Lamb, Steamed fresh vegetables, Garlic mashed potatoes.  We ordered the Lamb medium rare.  The lamb was more than medium rare it was down right raw in the middle.  The vegetables, were not cooked, they weren't even warm, and had no seasoning.  And the garlic mashed potatoes, even though they had no garlic in them were probably the best part of the entire meal.  There was no seasoning on anything.  When I complained the reply was, "Oh,  well I hope you come back again" as the waitress walked away.

I was so upset I even went on their facebook page and complained there.  Still no reply almost a month later.  Imagine that!!   I worked in a restaurant back in the 70s as a waitress.  I can assure you, had I ever treated a customer like that I would have been fired on the spot.

It sure seems to me customer service has gone out the window.  What a shame!!  It seems like us Americans have gotten both greedy and lazy.  "I want to make lots of money but I don't want to do anything to earn it", seems to be the attitude of most Americans today.  I wish we could turn back the hands of time, at least for some things.

Well, I will promise you with my ceramics you will be happy or I will make it right!!

Until next time,,,,,,,,, Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice