Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Still waiting,,,,,,,,

Greetings!

Still waiting on the storm.  We got a little bit of ice over night.  Not nearly what they expected, but it is early yet.  When I kicked on my computer this morning the weather bug was flashing so I took a look.

They have put us under a "Blizzard Warning" now for this county, for today into tomorrow.  Expect 18 inches to 2 feet of very heavy wet snow.  White out conditions, high winds, and drifting.

Bring it on!!  I'm ready!!  Shoot, I've been ready, LOL.  I am planning on getting out each time it reaches between 3 and 4 inches and shoveling.  Yup, a lot of work but 18 inches just might be too heavy for me to lift, especially if it is very wet snow like they are predicting.  Not sure if I will be able to keep up with it or not,,, but I will give it a try and do the best I can.  I am going to go out shortly and spread some ice melt on the walk to try to knock the ice down before the snow hits.  Might make things a bit easier to keep clean.

The mail was here early this morning.  I suppose they are trying to get as much done as possible before things get worse.  Can't say I blame them.  A lot of people here don't keep their sidewalks shoveled and it makes for a hard time walking.  I guess people just don't care any more or are too lazy.  I remember as a kid everyone shoveled.  They took pride in keeping things neat and tidy, even the snow on sidewalks.

I walk my dog every day and in this weather sometimes I feel like I am taking my own life in my hands on some of the sidewalks.  I'd really like to start some sort of a campaign to get people to take care of their property's again.  Probably wouldn't do any good in this "me, me first" society we live in now.  Seems good sense and values have gone out the window.

Well, I am off to put some ice melt on the sidewalks.  Have a great day, stay warm and don't travel if you don't have to.

Until next time,,,,,,,  blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice