Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Brrrrr, the bitter cold has returned,,,

Greetings!

We have been showing signs of an early spring for a while now, in spite of the storms.  Robins are returning to the area, small buds on the trees, geese flying back north, bulb plants poking their tiny starts up through the ground, etc.  But the bitter cold temperatures have returned.

It is currently zero with a wind chill of minus 20.  I can't seem to think about much this morning in this cold.  My poor dog Rusty didn't stay outside more than 5 minutes this morning then barked frantically for me to get him back inside.  When he bolted through the door the first thing he did was head for his blanket which is on the floor near the electric heater I have going.  He is one smart dog!!

On the bright side, its not snowing right now, LOL.  And by the weekend it is suppose to warm back up again.  I guess I will wait until the weekend to try to get my car shoveled out as I have not done it yet.  Right now it is too frozen solid to even try.

My shoulder is finally starting to recover.  I hate to have to push to get that car dug out and have the bursitis in my shoulder flare up again.  It took a good week to get it to settle down.  Such is life, we deal with it and move on, LOL.

Today Frank goes to the VA in Decatur for blood work.  That is a monthly routine.  On the way back we are going to stop at the beauty supply store.  I want to try to get some blades for my hair cutting razor.  I plan on giving Frank a hair cut soon and I would like to use the razor to put in some layers.  He has long hair and styling it with a razor will be easier than with scissors as far as layering goes.  I'm going to try to talk him into letting me shave his beard into a goatee also.  Time for a change and his beard is really looking scraggly, LOL.

I graduated cosmetology back in 1975.  I let my license go years ago but still style friends hair from time to time.  I often think about going back to school but with the fibro I am not sure I could do all that standing any more as my legs go numb very easily and my back hurts like the dickens.  Then of course there are those pesky muscle spasms to contend with too.  But I do miss doing hair.  I really enjoyed it.  Something to ponder.

Well, I should get busy and get a few things done before Frank gets up and we have to get ready to go to the VA.  Hope you all have a great day!

Until next time,,,,,,, Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice