Monday, February 21, 2011

Spring is here,,,,

Greetings!!

You might think that the threat of snow would not be a sign of spring, but indeed it is.  Spring always comes with fluctuating temperatures and weather.  We will see rain, snow, and lots of sunshine the coming weeks.  We will also see temperatures in the 20s and 30s and temperatures in the 60s and 70s.  A typical spring!!

Today it is raining here in Central Illinois but they are calling for some snow later tonight and possibly tomorrow.  The snow will not accumulate.  The temperatures are to drop off for a couple of days then rise right back up again.

Unfortunately, this type of weather we have every spring is not good for my fibromyalgia.  The pain level is flared up pretty bad.  I do what I can.  I feel bad for my dog because he does not like to go out in the rain.  I will take him on a short walk after I finish this post.  I took him down the street and back about 2 hours ago.  He had his ears folded down and tail tucked between his legs looking as if he had just been scolded.  He does not like rain because he associates it with thunder and thunder scares the bajeebees out of him.  I can tolerate the pain but it breaks my heart to see him so scared.  He has been sighing since we came back.  He knows this weather means we will not be spending time in the yard today.

Do dogs get depressed?  Can they get cabin fever?  He sure acts like he does.  I can tell he is ready for warmer weather when I will be out working in the yard and he will spend more time outside with me.  I am looking forward to it too!!

Today I have some errands to run then will meet with the "girls" for lunch.  We try to do this every Monday, but do miss occasionally.  Tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment and need to try to figure out what I can do to ease this pain at least a little.  Without all the horrifying side effects of the meds!!!

Wednesday will be 2 full weeks smoke free.  I think we have this beat!!  Hallelujah!!  Praise the Lord!!

Hope you all have an awesome day!!
Until next time,,,,,,, Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice