Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Today is the first day of the rest of our lives,,,,,,

Greetings!!

Last Wednesday Frank and I started taking Chantix to help us quit smoking.  I had quit before but after Frank moved here and was smoking all the time I gave in and started smoking again.  Bad me!!  I have no will power if its here in the house.  Even with food.  If its in front of me I want it, if not, I don't think about it.  So, just like eating candy I should not, I was smoking again and I should not.

Well I kind of got off track there, LOL.  As I was saying, last week we started the Chantix.  With Chantix you continue to smoke for the first week and then you stop smoking.  Today is our first day not smoking!!  This is the first day of the rest of our lives!!

Everyone should quit for their health.  But Frank really has to.  He will not get put on a heart transplant list until he is smoke free, verifiable for 6 months.  And eventually, he does need a heart transplant.

Last summer they had put in a defibrillator/pacemaker to help prolong his life and time before they actually have to deal with a heart transplant.  He still needs to get on the list though as you can wait often for years before they find a donor.

But even that aside, quitting smoking is a good thing.  The damange smoking does to your body, after quitting, will begin to repair itself immediately.  Not as many sinus infections after you quit smoking.  Breathing becomes easier.  Not to mention getting rid of that awful smell.

Frank took a major step in improving his health this past week and I am so very proud of him.  With Valentine's Day just next week you might say we gave each other an awesome gift for the heart.  :-D

If you are still a smoker I truly encourage you to quit, you really will feel much healthier.  Plus you will save a ton of money, LOL.

Until next time,,,,,,, Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice