Saturday, February 19, 2011

Greetings!!

We had a beautiful day yesterday to go to Arthur, IL.  The sun was shining and it was plenty warm to have either a light jacket or a sweater on.  The only bad news of the trip is the shop I had planned on selling my ceramics in has gone out of business and sold out.  The new owners have a lamp shop and antique shop and do not want hand made items.  :-(  So now I have to regroup and look for a new venue some place else to sell my ceramics.

But I did take some pictures while in Arthur that I will share with you.  A lot of the pictures were actually taken from a moving car as we were heading back home.  There were not very many buggies out yesterday which I found a bit odd on such a beautiful day.  But I got a lot of shots of farms, and a few of downtown Arthur.

If you are not from Illinois then you might be surprised at the openness of this area.  Farms are usually pretty big and spread out.


Vine St. is the main business drag in Arthur.  This little store has a lot of home made cheeses, jams and jellies.


They don't seem to be in a hurry to get the Christmas decorations down.  I love the awning over the walk on this side of the street.


Yoder's Lamps is now where the shop was that I had hoped to sell in again.


This is on 133 heading east on our way to Beachy's.  There sign is so small you almost can't see it.  Can you find it in this picture?


Some farms on the way to Beachy's.  It looked like there was either an auction or a wedding going on there when we went by.


Yup, that's Beachy's, my favorite store!!  I picked up just a few things this time,,, pickled beets, pickled mushrooms, a few spices and some snacks.  But I still love to go and shop, LOL.


Beachy's is becoming so popular they have had to add on a couple of times since I first started going there and we noticed yesterday they have recently enlarged their parking lot.


This is at the 4 way stop at Rt. 133 and Vine St., we are heading west.


All the pictures I post now will be along Rt. 133 as we are heading back home.


An Amish home and cabinet shop.  There are several custom kitchen cabinet builders in the Arthur area.



This family builds custom fences.


I just like this old house, so pretty, the picture does not do it justice.


Some of the farmers have both dairy farms and grain farms.


I hope you enjoyed the pictures!  I have a few others I might post another day.

Until next time,,,,,,,,  Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice