Friday, February 18, 2011

I love going to Amish Country,,,,

Greetings!!

Today Frank and I are going down to Arthur, IL about an hour and a half south of here.  This is Illinois Amish Country.  Although Arthur is not the only Amish settlement in Illinois it is certainly the biggest and the most popular I believe.

I have a few things on the agenda for today.  I need to stop at the tourist center and pick up some brochures to send to a lady I have been emailing with and met on Amish America.  I had promised her a couple of months ago I would pick some up my next trip down there and then the weather turned bad and we went no where, LOL. 

Then I need to go to Buggy Wheel Crafts and Antiques and see about getting in a booth again there.  The owner rents out booth spaces to those who sell crafts and antiques.  I sold there before and did well, but its been a long time, so I want to talk to the owner.

Then we are going to one of my favorite stores called Beachy's.  Beachy's is a bulk foods store.  If you buy whole grains, cereals, baking items, spices, oils and candy items this is the place for you.  All items are packaged down into smaller packages but you still get the bulk prices.  You can not go wrong at Beachy's, especially if you bake.

We'll go out to eat while we are there and if we feel up to it and have the time I want to try to find this new craft supply store I heard about recently.  If not, I will save that for another trip.  I am taking the camera with me and hope to get a few photos while I am down there.

The weather is to be in the mid 50s today with lots of sunshine so that will make for a nice trip.

I hope to post some pictures for you tomorrow.  Have a great day!

Until next time,,,,,,,,,,, Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice