Saturday, April 30, 2011

My cat Missy is failing,,,,old age.

Greetings,

I wasn't sure if I would post about this or not but finally decided to today.  My cat Missy is failing rather rapidly now from old age.  I do not know for sure how old she is but my best guess is probably between 18 and 20 years old.

She has been a wonderful cat and great companion to me.  Very loving and affectionate.

At the time Missy was adopted into the family I had two dogs, Rusty, who I still have and Teddy who passed away shortly after Missy was adopted.  It was the dogs who actually adopted her.  She was a street cat.  One day when Rusty and Teddy had been out in the yard for a while.  They came in and Missy was with them.

Teddy was old and beginning to fail at that time.  But he, Rusty and Missy would all get on the living room floor and wrestle and play.  When Teddy tired he would climb up on the couch with me and Missy and Rusty would continue to wrestle.  Missy was not afraid of those two big dogs about 10 times her size.  It was such a joy to watch them all play together.  I just knew they had a deep love for one another.

Rusty was still a pretty young dog then only about 4 or 5 years old and I often think Teddy wanted him to have a playmate when he was gone and Missy fit the bill.  Now Rusty is also getting up there in age.  He will be 15 this year.  He has slowed down quite a bit but is still very healthy.  His heart seems to be breaking right along with mine watching Missy fail.  She does not seem to be in pain but she is weak.  She has lost a lot of weight as all older cats do.  But she still eats good and her body waste is pretty normal.  She is just old.

If she begins to show signs of suffering I will take her to the vet and let them put her to sleep.  I do not want her to suffer.  But so far it is just a lot of weakness and being tired.  She loves to get up on Frank's lap and will lay there for hours.  He is very good to her and shows her a lot of love.  When she is not with Frank she is with me or in one of her favorite places to lay.

Lord, I pray you let her pass peaceably and without pain.  Amen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice