Tuesday, April 26, 2011

What does wealth mean to you???

Greetings!!

Over on the Amish America blog this morning Erik posed the question, "What does weather mean to you??"  I thought it was such a good question I would repeat it here on my own blog. 

Wealth, I am sure, means many things to many people.  I have come to learn the only true wealth is heavenly wealth.  What we have here on this earth is as fleeting as our lives can be.  It can come and go depending on the economy.  You might "have it all" today and it be gone tomorrow.  Look at how many have lost everything they own, their homes, cars, bank accounts, stock portfolios and even their piggy banks with the economy crashing.

12 years ago, "I had it all", great income, nice home, beautiful antiques and a decent bank account.  But then I was injured on the job and wound up losing everything and living in a tent for a while.  (I'll leave out the details as there is still an ongoing case).  But I survived this tragedy by God's Grace through the faith I have in his son Jesus.

Even though I lived in a tent 15 miles outside of town, with no vehicle to get around and no money to buy anything I did not fear because I knew through faith that God would provide for my needs.  Life was not easy, but I had a relatively safe place to lay my head at night and during all this I never went hungry.  I was grateful for what I did have and I knew God would get me through the tough times.  And he did!!

Some people showed me some incredible kindnesses through that time, some did not.  But the thing I learned the most is those that did were storing wealth and treasures in heaven that will far out-weigh any wealth here on earth.  Jesus says in the bible, "whatsoever you do unto others you do also unto me."  And if you "do good unto others, your reward will be greater in heaven."  I always try to do good to others because I expect great rewards in heaven for showing His love to others through me.

The point I am trying to make with this true story is this, you can have great earthly wealth and in the end it doesn't mean a thing.  You could lose it tomorrow,, but heaven is forever!!  Are you following Jesus?  Do you need to come to know the Lord?  Start storing your treasures in heaven, it is the only safe place to keep it for all eternity.

Until next time,,,,,,,,,,,Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice